Monday, March 23, 2009

I Dr. Grant!

Tanner's Poppy (his new name for my dad!) gave him this hat and it has quickly become the Dr. Grant hat. For those of you who haven't seen Jurassic Park 4 million times lately, he's one of the dino experts and he wears a hat very similar to this one. Anywho, Tanner, for some odd reason, likes to pretend that he is Dr. Grant. So this hat just made it all the better. When wearing the hat, he prefers to be called Dr. Grant. One such incident went as follows:
Tanner: "Hi mom."
Me: "Hi Tanner."
Tanner: "I not Tanner! I Dr. Grant!"
(By the way, in this picture he is tasting the water and telling me that it "tastes dood!")
He wears the Dr. Grant hat (with so many hats, we have to be specific!) just about everywhere. Like to the Wildlife Museum. He did look pretty cute.
Apparently it goes good with dino jammies and a nice pair of pink shoes. These happen to be his favorite. They do make his calves look good! By the way, Tanner has started kinda dressing himself. I really had nothing to do with this outfit.
Or the crown.
Or the bra. Although it was pretty funny when he got it on and spun around saying "I a princess!" I'm still not sure what a bra has to do with being a princess. (Don't worry, this kid is has enough boy in him not to be too concerned)
These glasses were not my idea either. You got to give it to him though, he sure knows how to accessorize!
Tanner's cousins helped him raid my closet for shoes. It was pretty funny to listen to him and Lanie fight over the pink ones. Does wearing dino jammies and a Dr. Grant hat make them look more manly? ;)
Of course I have to throw in a picture of Rylee. Jim hates when I do this to her. But I just love the giant flower! Besides, I at least put it where she can see past it.
I just love this picture! Two cuties with wild crazy hair!
On a side note, Tanner went on his first sleepover without me. He went to stay at my sister Amber's house in Delta. This is only the second time I've been without him overnight and I already miss him. He's only been gone five hours! I guess that means I really do like him. I'll just tuck that away for a day when I really need it!









5 comments:

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

Cassie! your kids are so darn cute! next time I come into town I'll give you a call, we have a lot of catching up to do!

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

Tell Dr. Grant he's awesome!

John and Suzy said...

Tanner is hilarious! He has so much personality. I love those shoes when Cassie wears them and now I guess even when Tanner wears them. Jim must be so proud!

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

Tanner is adorable and i think that he is definitely got enough man in him to wear pink...How does Jim feel? Rylee is sure a cutie, that flower is almost as big as her!!:)

*Brett and Lacey* said...

I love the pictures! Tanner is one funny little boy.