Sunday, March 8, 2009

Catching Up

Just a warning, this entry is going to be a long one. We've been without a computer for about four weeks and I haven't been able to update our happenings lately. Now that we have the computer back, I feel whole again. It's pretty bad when you can't function completely without one. Anywho, I will do my best to update you all on what we have been up to. About three weeks ago the kids and I went to Orem to visit Jim's family. Tanner had the best time while we were there. These are just a few of the pictures I have to share.Tanner loves his little sister and is constantly reminding her. Here he is saying "Hey, Rylee, Rylee!" Only when he says Rylee, it sounds like Ryee. He's pretty cute with her.
Tanner loves to play in the snow and doesn't really care if it's cold. He wanted to make foot prints in the snow and wouldn't come back in until his Granny Gay talked him into it. Then as soon as he got back inside he had to wear his Granny's pink slippers to get his feet warm again. I guess since we were making a big deal about his feet being cold he decided they were. The cold doesn't seem to bother him a bit.

This is his first experience with a snake. Jim's brother, Steve, has a couple and let Tanner hold one. He was pretty good with it until Steve tried to put it on his shoulders and then he said "No! I don't want to wear it!" Then he decided he was done and told Steve to put it away. He's a bossy little kid!
And now for Tanner's favorite part of the trip! For any of you who know Tanner, he is way into dinosaurs. We took him to the Dinosaur Museum and he had the best time. I was surprised that he recognised the dinosaurs. He had never seen just the bones before. He could name a lot of them. Smart little guy!

Tanner's Uncle Mac (aka Matt) came with us and was pretty much Rylee's personal tour guide. He only put her down a couple times and once was to play in the sand with the kids. What a great uncle! I think he kinda likes her. This is Jordo, Tan , Ty, Rylee, and Matt. Tyler also felt it was his duty to take care of Rylee while we were there. By the way, Ty is "holding" Rylee on the dinosaur. :) I had a lot of help. I should go to Orem more often!

Tanner is just trying to soak it all in. There was so much to see that it was a little overwhelming for the little guy. I could barely get him to look at the camera, he was always looking at something else. This is by the T Rex. He thought that was pretty cool.

These boys just have so much fun and the best part is that at the end of the day, they are still friends. This is when we were on our way out. Aubrey happened to glance over and grab a quick shot of them. So cute! They all had so much fun! Thanks for the fun trip! Tanner had so much fun, he asks at least a couple times a week to go to "Dranny Day's" and the dinosaur place!


This is just a picture that I took before church one day. It's hard to get Tanner to smile anymore because he always says "Cheese!" and ends up with a funny face. So I love this picture because I actually got a smile! He is still saying cheese but it's not as obvious. Little stinker! Rylee will smile and smile until I put a camera in front of her and then she just stares at it. Good thing she's cute anyway!
These next two picture are some I took of Rylee. I thought they turned out pretty good for my first real try. I'm kinda getting into this photography thing. It's a lot of fun and it saves me money that I'm not giving someone else to take them. That's smart thinkin' right there. These were for Rylee's 3 month pictures. I can't believe how fast she is growing! She is starting to giggle when we tickle her and she smiles all the time. Well, a lot of the time. She is such a little chunk!


She is just so opposite of Tanner's look. I lover her big blue eyes and her long curly hair. It's just so fun to play with! And, yes, we have bows coming out of our ears! But bows are like shoes, you can never have too many!










4 comments:

John and Suzy said...

Love the new pictures. It was so fun to have you here. These pictures brought back all the fun! I can't believe how much Rylee changes. I love the way Tanner thinks, ie. "I don't want to wear it!" (the snake).
Wish we could see you more often. Looks like paying a photographer is a thing of the past.

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

Her eyes are all Jimmy!

Aubrey said...

The boys are always asking for Tanner to come and play, so whenever you want to take a trip, we are up for it. And holy cow, how cute is Rylee and all that pink! We need to get in on some of that:)

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

I LOVE those pictures of Rylee! You are really talented. You definitely have to take some pictures of my kids!! Look at that...you DO have a creative soul!! hahaha! Love the pictures of the little vacation too. Tanner is so cuteness!