Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sharing Time

These are just some pictures that I thought I would share with all of you. After all, that's what blogs are for, to show off your kids! Jimmy was in an indoor soccer league and we went to watch one of the games. Tanner had fun playing with Jim before the game started and was a little ticked that he had to leave the field. Although he did start a conversation with the lady sitting behind me and ended it telling her that she was his friend. He is pretty friendly! Jimmy was glad that he got to play but always came home with sore muscles. I guess he is getting old.

Tanner always has a favorite toy. It usually changes from week to week but it's a toy that he carries everywhere and almost never gets put down. This is an elephant that his Papa Gay went all over town looking for because Tanner just had to have an elephant. He liked it so much, he ended up sleeping with it, and I ended up rolling over on it in the middle of the night. But at least Tanner was happy!

Regardless of what Jim might think, I know that Rylee is not a doll, but she is just so stinkin' cute when she is all dressed up!

Tanner has discovered my ipod and loves to walk around the house with it clipped to his shirt. He even does a little head bangin' to it. It's funny to watch him. And no, he hasn't been hittin' the sauce!

Rylee has enough hair for a little pony tail. So cute. And I don't even have to curl it! Just one more reason to have more bows.

Ahhhh, this was a fun day. Tanner crawled into the cereal cupboard and chewed me out when I opened the door. We are having more and more of those days lately. Fun for me!

We have started putting Rylee into the walker and she seems to enjoy it. She likes to be able to sit up and look around. The only problem is that Tanner is more in her face now. But it probably doesn't bother her since she hasn't known a life without Tanner in her face.

We thought that we would start potty training Tanner so we bought him these undies. He wanted to wear them as soon as we got home from the store so we put them on him and then he said" I go swimmin'!" So we put him in the tub with his undies on. I hope he eventually figures out what they are really for!

I have decided that being a parent is not all it's cracked up to be. Or maybe it is. We had an episode on Valentines Day with Tanner. He was sitting on a stool, lost his balance and fell over onto the hardwood floor. At first we thought it was just another fall until he passed out in my arms and then the freaking out began! We took him to instacare and all was well and good with him. Me on the other hand.....
So life goes on and Tanner is just Tanner (crazy, wild, cranky, gotta love toddler stage!) Yesterday he spooked the horse and it knocked him over. He cried and got a bath and took a nap and then he was fine. Or so I thought. Later that night I notice that his head is a little misshaped, OK allot misshaped and I take a closer look. Behind his ear is totally swollen and has pushed his ear out to where he looks kinda like Sloth off of 'Goonies'. Only kinda though! You gotta give me a break though, it was hard to see under all that hair! We have him checked out and once again he will live through his rough and tumble boyish ways, but I'm starting to wonder if he will live to see three. I know that I am not the first parent to experience these fun trips to the instacare or calling your neighbor who is an MD @10:00 at night just to be sure there really isn't any permanent damage but I'm just saying, I don't remember signing up for that. And it's only the beginning!






5 comments:

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

Thanks for the pictures. If Jimmy, me and Todd all lived to see adulthood I think Tanner will be just fine! Good luck.

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

So Cute! Tanner is just a rough, tough, little guy. Rylee is getting so big, I can't believe her hair is long enough for a pony, I bet you could do two little ones EASY! Molly didnt have even that much hair till she was 1.

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

I am with you. Being a parent sometimes sucks. You just don't know what you are in for. I have had it good though--I just call my friends at the hospital and believe me I have done it!!!

John and Suzy said...

Love seeing Jim with a soccer ball at his feet. Tanner is a hoot, between his elephant, the cereal cupboard, swimming and exercising, he's going to keep you very busy. Cute though. I love that Rylee has so much hair! Grandpa did look all over an elephant.

*Brett and Lacey* said...

Wow good times eh? I am glad everything is ok though! Riley is just too cute, I can't belive she has enough hair for a pony tail. Hang in there, at least thats what I keep telling myself!