Monday, June 1, 2009

Curling Iron-1, Tanner-0

No matter how many times you say "Don't touch that, it's hot!", eventually they are going to touch it to see what you mean. Last Sunday as I was getting ready for church, Tanner pulled my curling iron down on his arm. It took a second for him to realize that it was burning so it got him pretty good before we got it off.
He sat on Jim's lap all morning and just cried. It was so sad. He was even more sad that he wasn't going to "nursery house", as he calls it.

This was on Friday, so it's slowly getting better. It's going to be one of those things that we'll be dealing with for awhile.



5 comments:

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

That's still my chosen way to learn. I remember better when it hurts.

John and Suzy said...

Ouch! Granny Gay gives you a hug and kiss to get better. I am so sorry. I love you!

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

That makes me twinge. It looks so painfully. I know kids have to learn sometimes that way but still....OW!!

*Brett and Lacey* said...

OUCH! I think that Drew has been burned at least 3 times and 2 of the three were pretty good!

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

Poor dude! Is it all gone now??