Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rylee is one week old!

Today Rylee is one week. It's amazing how fast it goes. I feel like we just brought her home. She still sleeps most of the time but is very content to just lay there when she is awake. Tanner still likes her, so that's nice. I'm not the best photographer, but I'll keep trying to get better pictures of her.
This is how she felt about our little photo shoot earlier. I thought it was a funny picture. She really hardly ever cries, but apparently she doesn't like her picture taken. Maybe she doesn't like what she is wearing. I know that would make me cry.

She looks a little worried in this one. She must not be convinced that I'm doing a good job. She has tons of unruley, curly hair that is fun to play with. I just hope it stays. She was also a little jaundice and had to be under the billi lights, but thankfully it was only for a day and then just sunlight. She is doing well now and Tanner is getting used to her being around. One little episode today though, I was doing laundry and I walked in the living room where Rylee was. Tanner was standing in front of her and I could see that he had something in his hands but I couldn't see what it was. When I got a little closer I could see that he had a squirt bottle and was vigorously squirting Rylee with it. Her whole head was soaked! I guess he thought maybe she needed a bath. I'm going to have to be careful when I leave the room. At least that was all he did!

Jim's mom came down with his brother, Matt. Well, now he is Uncle 'Mac'. At least that's what Tanner thinks. He followed his uncle Mac around the whole time they were here being his little shadow. Matt was a very nice uncle and had allot of patience with him, which I appreciate! Tanner would wait all morning for 'Mac' to wake up and his little face would light up. He would say "Mac awake!"

This picture isn't very good, but when Matt got to our house he had on his hoodie, hood on head, and some white shoes on. Well, Tanner picked up on that quick and within no time had on his hoodie, hood on head, and white shoes! It was so funny! It was all over for 'Mac' after that. Thanks for being such a good buddy!




5 comments:

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

What a cute little lady her hair is totally curly how cute is that! And her little bow looks good too. What a cute babe

John & Suzy said...

Made me laugh just thinking about Tanner and the hoodie and 'Mac'. Definitely, a beautiful baby! Glad I got to see her in person.

Unknown said...

She looks like Jimmy to me!

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

She is a beautiful baby. How did you get 2 kids with curly hair. That isn't fair. But I love it. Matt can definitely be a good uncle. He is a lot of fun.

Aubrey said...

Mom told me the "Mac" thing, pretty cute. And I can see Jimmy in Rylee. She is so cute. Hopefully we can see her before too long.