Friday, November 14, 2008

Hot out of the oven!

Well, here is our Rylee girl. She came on Thursday, Nov 13 at 10:41 am. She weighs 7 lbs 10 oz, and she is 20.5 in long. Only about two oz different than Tanner. She has a round little face and tons of long, dark hair. I know this isn't the greatest picture. I'll do better ones later. I have found that sharing my energy between an infant and a two year old leaves little for anything else. Shocking, I know. But we are very happy to have her here. It was a very short labor and very easy so I was happy about that.

Tanner was more excited about washing his hands at the hospital than holding Rylee. In fact, as you can see in this picture, he hardly even looked at her the whole time. I was a little worried.
But this morning he decided that she might be kinda neat so he wanted to hold her and count her fingers and toes. He really is quite cute with her now. He wants to hold her all of the time and can't figure out why she is always attached to me (She eats ALOT). So far so good with Tanner. I think it is funny that they look nothing alike. But I guess it's still early and we will have to wait and see. Thanks for all of your calls and well wishes. We really appreciate all of our family and friends!


5 comments:

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

she is a cutie. Who does she look like if not at all like Tanner? I can't believe all the dark hair. That is so fun for bows and cute little girl stuff. I didn't think that it would really happen but here SHE is..not a he. CONGRATS!!!

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

Congrats again. I'm glad at least Ashley was able to be there. She'll be 6-8 months old before I see her :( Unless of course you guys feel like a trip to the east coast...

John & Suzy said...

I can't wait to get back down to St. George and see that cute baby girl. I love her hair!

*Brett and Lacey* said...

Congratulations! She so cute! I love her name too. Hope you are doing well!

Aubrey said...

Congrats! And yes, please keep the updated pics coming. It is sad not to be close, but hopefully we'll see her before too long.